This post is also available in: Spanish
As a 2017 wrap-up, I would like to share a few quotes that have inspired my curiosity along this year. I hope they inspire you too.
1) “The unknown is more terrifying than the negative” (Adam Grant in Originals)
And the worst truth is better than not knowing the truth.
2) “If you ran into an asshole in the morning you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.” (Tim Ferris in Tools of Titans)
How many assholes did you run into today? 🙂
3) “New ideas can get in the way of your best ideas” (Jason Fox in The Gamechanger)
Don’t embrace ideas too quickly. Let’s question them before embracing them and we’ll find more value and better insights.
4) “If the rules are such that you can’t make progress, then you have to fight the rules.” (Elon Musk in Elon Musk: inventing the future)
Most of the biggest accomplishments of our society come from questioning status quo.
5) “Every organization that wants to practice continuous innovation is also going to be practicing continuous transformation.” (Eric Ries in The Leader’s guide)
Innovating in our work and in our life comes with an effort. They key is to understand that the effort is worthwhile and find the willpower to do it.
6) “Becoming is better than being” (Carol S. Dweck in Mindset)
See, transformation isn’t that bad, is it? 🙂
7) “There is no shortcut to mastery than “putting in the hours”” (Malcolm Gladwell in Outliers)
There are no shortcuts to talent…
8) “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant” (Max De Pree)
Our role is to become a resource, not a source.
9) “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils” (Ever Garrison)
And at some point in our lives, we are ALL teachers.
10) “In some aspects there are no nuances possible: you are honest or you are not. Honesty is key for a healthy leadership” (Javier Mascherano in The 15 steps of leadership)
There are few things that really are “black or white” . This is one of them. Let’s not just be leaders. Let’s be healthy leaders.
Have a wonderful week and even more wonderful 2018,